Friday, February 1, 2008

12x12? What's your opinion?

I joined a Yahoo group to learn how to make scrap kits... & they are suggesting the papers be 12x12. Is this common? Is this the size that everyone uses? My friend has been making them smaller for digital scrapping... I understand that it's a lot easier to downsize an image than to try & make it bigger, but I would think 8 1/2x11 would be a good size for printing? What's your take on this? I also keep forgetting what to save my elements as... png or psd? I *think* it's psd... I hope that's what I've been saving them as.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Jewels!

I think the reason they typically make the papers 12x12 is because standard scrap book pages are that size.

Love your blog so far! It looks great :)

Nice Guy said...

I wouldn't go any less than 1000 pixels wide/high or it will not print out well.

Do free and easy digital scrapbooking online @ http://www.ScrapbookGenerator.com (upload photo, choose free template, print)

LCLost said...

LC ... The standard is 12x12 though when I have made pages (very few) for family, I make them to fit on "paper size" standard of 8-1/2x11. I want them to be able to print easily at home, etc. Having said that, I don't think it's necessary for you to make your papers that size. We can crop the paper to fit our needs.